What to Look for in a Fertilizer for Sunflowers?
The Best Sunflower Fertilizers
If you’re looking to get the most beautiful sunflowers, you’ll need to start with high-quality sunflower fertilizer. The best types of fertilizer for sunflowers are 5-10-10 and 10-10-10, preferably granular. These fertilizers will help your sunflowers to grow tall and strong, with deep roots that can withstand any type of weather. You’ll also find that your sunflowers will bloom more frequently and produce more seeds when you use these fertilizers. We recommend you use a granular fertilizer, as the slow-release of nutrients favors the sunflowers.
Homemade Recipes to Fertilize Sunflowers
There are a few other ways to provide your sunflower plant with all it needs! Here are a few homemade recipes for sunflower fertilizer that will give your sunflowers the boost they need.
Eggshells for Sunflower Fertilizer
Coffee Grounds as Sunflower Fertilizer
Banana Peels as Sunflower Fertilizer
- The Best Natural Tomato Fertilizer – Homemade Formula!
- Ways to Use Bananas in a Garden: How to Make a Banana Peel Fertilizer
- What’s the Best Soil for Sunflowers? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Fertilize Your Cucumber Plant: The Best Fertilizer for Cucumbers
- What to Fertilize Your Garlic Plant With: All About Garlic Fertilizers